April 04, 2023
Spring Green Butter Bean “Hummus” Recipe
Packed with spinach, garlic, and yogurt for a creamy texture that'll have you putting in on everything. Perfect for sandwiches, salads, and snacks.
Serves: 4-6 portions
Prep time: 10 mins
- 1 can of butter beans, drained but reserve 1 Tbsp of the drained liquid
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp thick yogurt
- 1 Tbsp olive oil, plus extra for garnish
- sea salt and white pepper for seasoning
- herbs for garnish like, chives, parsley, and sprouts
- beeya - optional, great as a hormone supportive snack
- In a high-speed blender, add the spinach, garlic, lemon juice, yogurt, olive oil, reserved bean liquid, plus a pinch of sea salt. Mix until smooth, scraping down the sides as needed.
- Once the beans have drained off, make sure they are mostly dry then add them to the blender with the spinach mixture, or combine both mixtures in a food processor. Mix until smooth and season with sea salt and white pepper to taste.
- Pour the bean hummus into a serving dish (it will thicken slightly once chilled though it can be eaten immediately), then drizzle with olive oil, and garnish with herbs. We used chives, sprouts, and green onions. Enjoy with crackers, on a salad, or in a sandwich. Beeya also makes a great addition for snack time!