We are so excited to announce our newest newsletter – Beeya’s Kitchen!
Each week we’ll share an extra fun hormone-friendly recipe with you ranging from indulgent (yet nourishing) smoothies, to delicious and nutritious desserts, plus some of our very favorite balanced meals. Today, we're excited to share this creamy and refreshing smoothie that's reminiscent of a classic key lime pie, only without all the added sugar and inflammatory ingredients.
If you're looking to satisfy a sweet tooth while keeping things nutritious, this smoothie is the perfect solution. It's made with nutrient dense whole foods that are good to your body AND your taste buds. It’s naturally sweetened with honey and carefully balanced with healthy fats and an abundance of fiber for optimal hormonal health and a happy gut!
Makes: 1 smoothie
Prep Time: 5 mins
- ½ cup frozen avocado (about ½ an avocado)
- ¼ cup frozen cauliflower rice
- 1 lime, juiced and zested (about 2 Tbsp juice)
- 1 handful spinach
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp honey
- ½ cup almond milk (or other milk of choice)
- 1 scoop beeya Phase 1, divided
- ¼ cup chilled coconut cream (for whipped topping)
- 1 Tbsp toasted coconut flakes (optional)
- Add the frozen avocado, cauliflower rice, lime juice, half of the zest, spinach, vanilla, honey, coconut milk, and ½ scoop of beeya to a high-speed blender. Mix until smooth.
- To make it extra fancy you can rim the glass with some coconut milk and beeya seeds (alternatively, you can just sprinkle the remaining beeya over top after adding the coconut whip). Pour the blended smoothie into the glass.
- To make the coconut whip, simply whip the chilled coconut cream with an electric mixer until lightly fluffy (make sure to use only the solid parts of the cream). Then dollop coconut whip over the smoothie and garnish with toasted coconut flakes, if using, as well as the remaining zest and beeya. A slice of lime adds a bit more flare too if you’re serving to friends!
Note: To boost the protein level of this smoothie and save time, try swapping out the coconut whip for Greek yogurt!