April 10, 2023
Ribboned Zucchini Spring Salad Recipe
If you’ve never tried a raw zucchini salad before then let this be the first time. The perfect touch of spring to complement your meals.
Serves: 2 portions
Prep time: 10 mins
- 1 medium zucchini, shaved into ribbons using a peeler
- 1 Tbsp pesto
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice, plus some zest for garnish
- 1 small shallot, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup toasted pine nuts
- ⅓ cup crumbled feta or goat cheese
- a handful of fresh basil
- sea salt and black pepper
- Plate the zucchini ribbons on a platter.
- To make the dressing, whisk together the pesto, olive oil, and lemon juice.
- Drizzle the dressing over the zucchini and top the zucchini salad with the shallots, feta crumbles, pine nuts, and some fresh basil leaves. Season with salt and pepper. To finish, garnish with finely julienned lemon zest on top. Serve immediately, though it tastes great after marinating overnight in the fridge too. Perfect for meal prepped lunches.