Raspberry Swirled Lemon Cheesecake Smoothie Recipe
Just because a smoothie is balanced doesn't mean it has to be boring.
Healthy and delicious can go hand in hand. And just because a smoothie is balanced doesn't mean it has to be boring. Whether rain or shine this smoothie is sure to brighten up your day. Not only is it full of gut and hormone supportive ingredients, it tastes like dessert and it’s bursting with springy lemony flavor.
Now, we know what you're thinking. Cheesecake in a smoothie? How is that healthy? But if you know us then you know we have a knack for finding the perfect ingredient swaps that can turn classic junk foods and sweets into hormone healthy eats.
So what’s the secret ingredient that gives this smoothie its cheesecake taste?
Cottage cheese. It might sound odd but when it’s all blended up it’s creamy and tangy and astoundingly similar to cheesecake. It’s also a great source of protein which is incredibly important for healthy hormones (p.s. we provide a plant-based option below too).
For balance, we’ve included frozen cauliflower rice, which is packed with fiber and harnesses all the hormone supporting superpowers of cruciferous veggies. And let's not forget about the collagen powder, which supports a healthy gut mucosa lining.
Even the lemon has benefits being that it’s rich in vitamin C (perfect for boosting the skin glowing effect of the collagen) and that it has natural detoxifying properties. Plus who doesn't love a little zest in their life?
Prep Time: 7 mins
Cook Time: none
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- ⅓ cup almond milk
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1 scoop beeya (we used Phase One, Phase Two will result in darker color but still delicious)
- ½ lemon, juiced and zested
- ½ cup frozen cauliflower rice
- 1 scoop collagen powder (vanilla flavored is nice)
- 1 handful of ice
- reserved vanilla whipped cottage cheese (see instructions)
- Combine the cottage cheese, almond milk, vanilla extract, and honey in a high-speed blender. Mix, while scraping down the sides as needed, until smooth. Scoop out about two tablespoons into a small bowl to reserve as a topping if desired.
- Add ½ a scoop of beeya to the blender with the cottage cheese mixture along with the remaining ingredients. Mix until smooth.
- To assemble, carefully mash a few raspberries (thawed frozen ones work) in the bottom of your glass and swirl them up the sides a bit. Then pour in the lemon cheesecake smoothie. Top with the reserved vanilla whipped cottage cheese. And garnish with extra raspberries as well as the last of your beeya. Alternatively, you can also turn up the cheesecake feeling a notch by mixing the last half scoop of beeya with just a tad bit of melted ghee and a pinch of salt. It will taste just like cheesecake crust and when crumbled over top!
If you want to try this smoothie but keep it plant-based, replace the cottage cheese with ¾ cup thick plant-based yogurt and ¼ cup plant-based cream cheese. When blending, start with half of the milk and add more as needed since the yogurt is thinner than the cottage cheese would have been.