January 29, 2023
Serves: 4-6 balls
Prep time: 7 mins
- 1 (4-ounce) log of chevre (goat cheese)
- 1 orange
- sea salt
- 1 Tbsp fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp chives, finely chopped
- ¼ cup toasted pine nuts, chopped
- 2 Tbsp honey
- Use a fork to mix the goat cheese together with the zest from half of the orange and a sprinkle of sea salt.
- Roll the goat cheese into 4 to 6 balls.
- Combine the rosemary, chives, and pine nuts in a bowl then coat the goat cheese balls in the mixture. Chill the goat cheese balls before serving.
- To make the orange honey, add the honey plus the remaining half of the orange zest and the juice from half the orange to a saucepan. Simmer for 1-2 mins on medium heat.
- To serve, lay the goat cheese balls on a platter with the orange honey in a bowl to dip in. You can make the platter more festive with garnish like extra rosemary, orange slices (we used dried), and pomegranate arils.