Lox & Bagel Brunch Board Recipe - With Grapefruit Mimosa Mocktails
A Brunch Extravaganza!
Welcome the New Year with open arms and a brunch board that's as festive as it is delicious! Our New Year's Brunch Extravaganza features a delightful combination of smoked salmon and perfectly poached eggs on toasted bagels, paired with a zesty cream cheese spread that brings the flavors to life. To add a touch of celebration, we've mixed up some fresh squeezed grapefruit mimosa mocktails with a special twist—our beeyavibe magnesium powder for an extra boost of wellness, the perfect way to kick off the new year. Let's toast to a year of joy, good health, and plenty of tasty eats like this brunch!
Makes: 4 servings
Prep Time: 20 mins
Cook Time: 10 mins
- 4 bagels, sliced and toasted
- 8 oz smoked salmon
- 4 large eggs, poached (see our best tip below - or just use jammy boiled eggs)
- Customize your brunch board with additional toppings like microgreens or arugula, dill, capers, red onion slices, and lemon wedges for a personalized touch
Cream cheese spread:
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1 tbsp brown mustard
- 1 tbsp chopped chives
- 1 tsp dill
Grapefruit Mimosa Mocktails:
- 2 cups freshly squeezed grapefruit juice
- beeyavibe magnesium powder
- ginger kombucha
- sparkling water
- grapefruit slices for garnish
- Prepare the cream cheese spread by mixing cream cheese, brown mustard, chopped chives, and dill. Set aside.
- Assemble the bagel breakfast board with toasted bagel slices, smoked salmon, microgreens, dill, capers, red onions, and lemon slices.
- Prepare the poached eggs, here are our best no-fail poached egg tips: Crack the eggs into a bowl of 2/3 cups water and 1/3 cup vinegar. Allow the eggs to lightly cure in the vinegar until the cooking water is ready. Use a deep skillet rather than a pot and there will be no need to stir the water, plus you can fit more eggs at one time. Fill with enough water to cover the eggs and bring to a low simmer. Use a large spoon (non-slotted) to transfer one egg at a time to the simmering water. Allow the eggs to cook for 3 minutes or until the whites are set. Then use a slotted spoon to scoop them up and transfer to a kitchen bowl to blot off. Arrange on the board with the rest of the brunch ingredients.
- For the mimosas: Combine freshly squeezed grapefruit juice and beeyavibe magnesium powder then pour into your glasses. Top with kombucha and sparkling water. Garnish the mimosa mocktails with grapefruit slices.
- Serve the bagel breakfast board and grapefruit mimosa mocktails together with the cream cheese spread for a delightful and wholesome New Year's brunch experience!
Turn leftovers into a quick and tasty Egg Salad Deluxe! Chop poached eggs and smoked salmon, mix with cream cheese, mayo, and any extras like onions and capers. Enjoy a delicious second-day lunch.