May 26, 2023
Mango Cucumber Shrimp Spring Rolls Recipe
A quick and easy lunch, or a fresh appetizer with friends, that’s a flavor explosion.
Serves: 4 rolls
Prep time: 10 mins
- 4 sheets of rice paper wraps
- 1/2 a medium cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1/2 a bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 a mango, thinly sliced
- 4 small lettuce leaves
- a handful fresh cilantro
- 12 cooked shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1/2 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp honey
- 1/2 a spicy chili pepper, minced (we used piri-piri)
- Wet the rice paper wraps in a dish of warm water for 15-30 seconds until soft and hydrated, working with one at a time. Lay out the hydrated rice paper wrap on a cutting board.
- Place a lettuce leaf in the bottom third of the spread out rice paper wrap, then top with some of the sliced cucumber, mango, and bell pepper. Sprinkle in a bit of cilantro then begin rolling the veggies up in the rice paper until you’ve completed one full rotation. Next, line 3 shrimp on the unrolled portion of the rice paper. Fold in the sides, then complete the rolling until the shrimp are tucked in and the spring roll is sealed.
- To make the dipping sauce, simply whisk together all of the ingredients.
- To serve, dip the fresh spring rolls in the sauce and enjoy! If you want to prepare this lunch ahead of time, the spring rolls can be made the day before and stored in a container overnight, you can also divide your daily scoop of beeya amongst the rolls for an even more nutritious lunch!