March 01, 2023
Lemon Poppy Seed Energy Bites Recipe
Get your treat fix with these lemony energy bites. Bright and lightly sweet for the perfect pick-me-up.
Serves: 6 bites
Prep time: 10 mins + chill time
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 2 Tbsp coconut flour
- ¼ tsp turmeric (optional - adds color & anti-inflammatory benefits)
- 1 tsp poppy seeds
- a pinch of sea salt
- 1/2 lemon, juiced and zested
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil or ghee, melted
- 1 Tbsp honey
- Drizzle topping optional - vanilla yogurt (or combine yogurt, maple syrup, and vanilla)
- Combine all of the dry ingredients in a bowl and stir to combine.
- Pour in all of the remaining ingredients and stir until well combined and it holds together like a dough.
- Roll into 6 balls and place in an airtight container. To add the drizzle on top like we did, simply mix together a little yogurt with a dash of maple syrup and vanilla extract, then drizzle on top and freeze the bites until firm.