Lamb Kofta with Lemony Beluga Pea Salad & Whipped Feta Recipe
A Hormone-Supporting Dinner: Lamb & Lentil Kofta with Lemony Green Salad and Whipped Feta
Why is protein an essential nutrient for hormonal health? It provides the building blocks for some of our most important hormones like estrogen and progesterone. The kofta in this recipe are a great source of protein, thanks to the combination of lamb and lentils. While the lentils offer both fiber and complex carbs.
But the benefits don't stop there. Greens like arugula are high in magnesium, which can help regulate hormones and reduce symptoms of PMS.
And let's not forget about the whipped feta! Which adds a delicious creamy tanginess that elevates the whole dish.
Makes: 2 portions
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 20 mins
- ½ pound ground lamb
- 1 Tbsp fresh thyme
- ½ tsp ground coriander
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- ½ Tbsp tomato puree
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- Sea salt and black pepper
- Olive oil for frying and extra garnish
- 2 cups arugula
- 1 cup sugar snap peas, julienned
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced (we used a mandolin)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup cooked beluga lentils
- 1 Tbsp fresh thyme, as garnish
- ½ seared lemon
- ½ cup feta
- ½ cup natural thick yogurt (like Greek)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp honey
- A pinch of sea salt
- To make the lamb kofta (which just means that you roll the meat into a football shape rather than a log or a patty), combine all of the ingredients for the lamb and season with salt and pepper. Divide into 4 portions and roll each one into a football shape.
- Heat a bit of olive oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat and fry the lamb kofta until cooked, turning occasionally to brown on all sides, about 8 minutes.
- While the lamb is frying you can whip up the feta. Combine all of the ingredients in a food processor and mix until smooth, scrape down the sides as needed.
- For the salad, toss together the arugula, sliced snap peas, onion, and olive oil. Sear half of a lemon in a hot frying pan until it picks up a bit of color and set aside.
- To assemble, spread whipped feta on the serving plate then transfer the salad to the plate as well. Scatter the beluga lentils over the plate then add the lamb kofta. Finish with a sprinkling of fresh thyme leaves, a drizzle of olive oil, and squeezed lemon over everything.
For an entirely dairy-free version of the whipped feta, replace the feta with a plant-based cream cheese and the yogurt with a thick plant-based yogurt.