Immunity Shots Recipe
A zesty blend of ginger, turmeric, citrusy goodness, and a touch of honey.
Homemade Immunity Shots – a zesty blend of ginger, turmeric, citrusy goodness, and a touch of honey. These are your secret weapon against the cold season. Whether you're sipping it straight, blending it into smoothies, or turning it into a refreshing mocktail, this elixir is handy in the fall and winter.
Serves: 10 shots
Prep time: 10 mins
- 3-inch piece of ginger, sliced
- 2-inch piece of turmeric, sliced
- 2 oranges, juiced
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 1 Tbsp honey - optional
- 1 cup kombucha or coconut water (we used pineapple kombucha)
- Toss everything in a blender and mix until smooth.
- We like to strain it through a fine mesh strainer and then stir back in about 1-2 tbsp of the solids. You can keep all of the solids in if you intend to use it in smoothies, but it can be a bit thick to take as a shot.
- Store in the fridge for a week or freeze into ice cubes to keep on hand for when you need a boost. We also like to add a shot to sparkling water for a quick and easy mocktail.