Serves: 12 squares
Prep time: 5 mins
Bake time: 20 mins
- ½ cup sweet potato, finely minced
- ⅓ cup cacao
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 Tbsp collagen or gelatin powder
- ½ cup nut butter (cashew or almond work well)
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp melted ghee or grass-fed butter
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup chopped dark chocolate
- ¼ cup coconut cream (solids only)
- Garnish with beeya when serving
- Preheat the oven to 325F.
- To finely mince the raw sweet potato, peel and dice the sweet potato, then toss it in a food processor and pulse until well minced.
- Add the minced sweet potato and the rest of the ingredients to a bowl and stir together until combined.
- Pour the brownie batter into a parchment paper lined 6” baking form. Bake for 18-22 minutes (a shorter baking time will yield a fudgier brownie, longer will be more cake like. You can also use a different size form but adjust baking time accordingly in that case.)
- Allow the brownies to cool before making the frosting. Make the frosting by gently melting the chocolate and coconut cream together.
- Frost the brownies and allow some time for the frosting to set, the fridge will speed things up. Cut into squares to serve and enjoy with a scoop of beeya for a hormone supporting treat.