January 12, 2023
Crispy Spicy Butter Bean Snack Recipe
Transform basic butter beans into a crispy, spicy, blood-sugar-balancing snack.
Serves: 2 portions
Prep time: 20 mins
- 1 can butter beans, drained, rinsed, and patted dry
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp cayenne
- 1/2 tsp coconut sugar
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp white pepper
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- Heat the oven to 375℉.
- Toss the butter beans with all of the ingredients and scatter out evenly onto a baking sheet (parchment paper is not necessary).
- Transfer to the oven and bake for about 30 minutes. They do “pop” while they are roasting so flip them at your own risk, but it’s generally fine to skip flipping them.
- Remove from the oven once they are sizzling and lightly golden. Allow them to cool on the pan where they will finish crisping up.
- Enjoy directly or store in an airtight container. They won’t be as crispy as the days go by but you’re likely to eat them up before that anyhow.