February 03, 2023
Cranberry Almond Turkey Salad Recipe
The perfect high protein salad to have on hand all winter, full of hearty herbs with a bit of sweetness and crunch.
Serves: 2 portions
Prep time: 7 mins
- 1 ½ cups pulled turkey or chicken meat
- ¼ cup dried cranberries or cherries (or cranberries preserves work too)
- ⅓ cup roasted salted almonds, chopped
- 1 large shallot, thinly sliced
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary, chopped
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme, chopped
- 2 Tbsp avocado oil mayo
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp brown mustard
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- Sea salt & cracked black pepper
- Toss all of the turkey salad ingredients together in a bowl.
- Whisk all of the dressing ingredients together in a separate bowl.
- Pour the dressing over the turkey bowl and toss to coat.
- Serve over greens and beet matchsticks like we did, or in a wrap, or on toast, or just as it is. It also makes a nice full dinner when paired with some white quinoa and greens.