April 01, 2023
Asparagus & Green Lentil Salad Recipe
From the tantalizing tarragon dressing, to the crunch of the toasted almonds, this salad is in a class of its own.
Serves: 2 portions
Prep time: 10 mins
- 1 bunch of asparagus, ends trimmed if needed
- 1 cup cooked green lentils, rinsed and drained
- 2 Tbsp chopped chives
- 1 Tbsp chopped tarragon
- 2 Tbsp chopped parsley
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp Dijon
- 2 tsp white wine vinegar
- 1 handful toasted almonds, chopped
- sea salt and black pepper
- Place the asparagus in a warm pan over medium-high heat with 2 Tbsp of water and a good pinch of sea salt. Cook the asparagus while turning for a couple minutes until they begin to soften, though they should remain al dente. Rinse immediately under cold water (or dip into ice water) to blanch and place on a paper towel to dry.
- To make the dressing, whisk together the herbs, garlic, olive oil, Dijon, and vinegar. Taste and season with sea salt and black pepper.
- Toss the dressing with the green lentils.
- To plate, lay the asparagus on a platter and top with the lentil salad. Garnish with the chopped almonds and extra herbs if desired.