Apple Pie Dumplings Recipe
Sweet cinnamon apple pockets dunked in a creamy vanilla dip.
These Apple Pie Dumplings are the epitome of a comforting treat, and they're a breeze to make! Picture sweet golden dumplings with a delicious apple-cinnamon filling, served with a creamy and protein-rich vanilla bean dip. Perfect for cozy early fall evenings and sweet cravings.
Makes: 4 dumplings
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 8 mins
- 1 large apple (we used a honeycrisp)
- 2 Tbsp coconut sugar
- ½ tsp arrowroot powder or cornstarch
- ½ tsp lemon juice (optional)
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- pinch of sea salt
- 4 rice paper sheets
- avocado oil or ghee for frying
- 4 Tbsp Greek yogurt (or thick plant-based)
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- ½ tsp vanilla bean paste or extract
- Finely dice the apple (very fine). Then combine the apple in a bowl together with the coconut sugar, arrowroot powder, lemon juice (if using), cinnamon, and a pinch of sea salt.
- Submerge a rice paper sheet in warm water for a few seconds until pliable. Place a portion of the apple mixture in the center and fold the edges to seal, creating a dumpling. Repeat for the remaining dumplings.
- Heat a pan with a drizzle of avocado oil or ghee. Gently fry the dumplings until golden and crispy, around 4 minutes per side, flipping back and forth as needed.
- In a small bowl, whisk together Greek yogurt, maple syrup, and vanilla bean paste to make the vanilla dip.
- Serve the warm dumplings with the vanilla dip for a delectable treat!
You can customize your dumplings by adding any chopped nuts of your choice or sprinkle beeya in the vanilla bean dip for a hormone healthy treat.